Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rested Up

A gaited class at Shelbyville, Tenn.

Camri and Ellie Mae in front of the Great Celebration sign.

We are all just about rested up from the show this past week. I ended up with a fourth and a fifth in hunter hack and open working hunter (I can't remember which was which). I would have done a lot better in the open working hunter class had I not lost my stirrup on the third jump and had to jump the remaining five jumps with only one foot in the stirrup. It was kinda scary!
I also placed third (out of 14) in Senior Ranch Riding. I had a good trail pattern, but didn't end up placing in that class.

We finished up blue line on Monday, and now we are officially working on the September issue. Wow, that seems weird to say! I've been working on web design for the July issue today. And shopping for a new show top. I bought a green top from Rod's last year, and decided I need a black one just like it. I looked on eBay, but I couldn't find anything I liked quite as much. I looked at some of the other stores online, and found about 100 tops I would LOVE to have, but I couldn't fathom spending that much...$2,500 for a top is out of my price range.

Our town fair is this week, so it looks like tomorrow and Thursday will be spent at parades and on fair rides with Cam. It's pretty nice out right now, maybe it will stay that way for a while...
--Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment