Monday, November 19, 2012

How Not To Make A Cinnamon Roll Cake

This past weekend was a rare Saturday morning where Camri and I were the only ones home and we didn't have anywhere to be. She wanted cinnamon rolls for breakfast, but I had seen a recipe on Pinterest for "Cinnamon Roll Cake." I showed it to her and she decided it looked yummy, so we proceeded to make it.

By the way, here is the link to the recipe: http://cookinupnorth.blogspot.com/2011/07/cinnamon-roll-cake.html

We got through combining the first four ingredients and then noticed we didn't have any milk. I noticed that we needed two sticks of butter, so I set those out to soften while we ran into town and picked up some milk (in our PJs, yes...).

When we got back, we added the milk, eggs, half the vanilla (because that's all that was left), and the butter. This is where our problem was, I am guessing, because I must have scrolled all the way down to where I couldn't see the rest of the ingredients and just proceeded from there. We mixed in the butter, poured it in the greased pan, and baked for 30 minutes. I noticed I still had a stick of butter left out for some reason, but didn't think anything about it.

We mixed the glaze up while it was in the oven. When the timer went off, we pulled it out and immediately noticed that we had a problem, Houston. It did not resemble the picture. This is where I noticed I had left out the "topping." Sigh.

We poured the glaze on and ate it anyway. It was like super sweet cake.

And then Camri ate a Poptart.

And this is concludes "How Not To Make A Cinnamon Roll Cake." I do not recommend it. Maybe I will try it the way the recipe suggests in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment