Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Boone County Draft Horse and Mule Sale

I was up early on Friday morning to go set up a booth at the Boone County Draft Horse and Mule Sale in Columbia, Mo., last week. Only horses sold on Friday and they finished up at about 4:30 p.m. I drove across town to see a girlfriend of mine from college who had just had twins and went out for dinner later that night with a girlfriend of mine from high school. Then it was up early again on Saturday for the big mule sale!
It seemed like everybody was at this sale. It is the first mule event in Missouri after the winter (and boy, has this winter blown) so everyone is anxious to see their fellow mule folk. I had a good sale and sold quite a few subscriptions, with a lot of them being new. I got lots of praise about the new format and content of the magazine. I really like visiting with subscribers and hearing what they have to say about the magazine. Of course I like the compliments, but if anyone has a "constructive criticism," I like to hear that, too.
Mules sold from very high to moderately low. It was a good sale though, with lots of consignors and even more bidders.
I visited with the folks who sold the high selling mule ($12,700!) and took their picture with the mule. We should have more about that in the April issue.
I also snapped a few photos with my iPhone...



Tuff Enuff - Greenwood, Ark.

Golian's Saddles and Tack - from New London, Mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment