Monday, January 24, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from US Airways

Here is a copy of the email I just sent to US Airlines. It sums up my birthday pretty nicely:

"We showed up at the Las Vegas airport at 5 a.m. for our 6:40 flight, to find that our gate said "more info at 8 a.m." So we waited until 8, when we were told there was a maintenance issue, but it was being resolved. We got on the plane about 9, and taxied around the airport for 45 minutes, to be let off again, and told that we could leave for Phoenix on this plane once a part came from Phoenix to fix the issue. They said it would leave at 11, then they said it would leave at 12. At 12, I went to check, and they switched us to a flight that left Phoenix at 4:30. We took that, and then took the 7:35 p.m. to STL. We were supposed to be in STL by 1:20 p.m. But instead we got there at 11. So we were at the airport 10 and a half hours longer than we should have been. AND IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY! To compensate us, they gave us each a $5 food voucher, which was basically enough to buy a Coke. I will absolutely never fly US Airways again. And I will tell everyone to avoid this carrier. We had such a wonderful, perfect time in Vegas, but the issues caused by your airline truly put a huge damper on our trip. I am hugely disappointed, as this was my first time flying with US Airways."

On top of the above incident, as we were landing in Phoenix, the pilot couldn't get our plane landed properly and as we were supposed to touch down, he had to take off again and the plane tipped sideways. It was very frightening! I am not so much complaining about this, as I am mentioning that it was very scary!

Oh, and Davey's car broke down on the way home...so we didn't make it home until 4 a.m. this morning. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Besides all this, I had a fabulous time in Vegas. The food was AMAZING as was the entertainment...more about that later, though. I think I might go home and take a nap now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment